Syconium
168

May 19th, 2017

Hide Recent Comments

Syconium, page 45 by: November 23, 2017, 4:01 am

Ehhhhhh I think he was just an asshole grasping onto the one thing he could still have power over (his gf) after everything went wrong for him.
Syconium, page 45 by: Botany November 22, 2017, 8:14 pm

...Streaks had his own experiment.

As a sex worker, he endured weakness in sexual submission.

Just like Smooth, he wanted to challenge the same thing he experienced, that smooth only had a clinical understanding of. That corruptive probability of sexual encounter.

And with no way to have sex, only understanding intimacy in the way his clients had abjected him to...

He conflated love with power. And attempted to prove he could "Love" as best he understood it, without being capable of giving sexual gratification.

He was trying, in his own way, to achieve the exact same thing Smooth was. Challenging all he went through, all that Smooth couldn't imagine, to try to make the most whole and pure thing he was equipped to.

Only to find out in the worst way that he could not. In the way that only proved again what he was taught about the violence of sexual dominance and submission.

Everything before now, was him trying to go against it like Smooth.

Everything after now, is the aftermath of him succumbing to that notion that was fucked into him. Before Fig mauled him.

What he tried to make, as best as he understood it, without sex, falling down to perfectly prove him wrong.

The tragedy of the best intentions by the ill-equipped.
Syconium, page 149 by: Furrama November 22, 2017, 6:27 pm

Is this a rebuttal against some tenants of the death of the author?

Art as communication/conversation/a window.
Syconium, page 220 by: November 21, 2017, 8:39 pm

* "I" love it.
Syconium, page 220 by: Magenta November 21, 2017, 8:38 pm

My mom handed me down a 1988 Toyota Camry that lasted for years until one day it up and quit on us. Years later, and several cars on, I now have a Chevy Spark in my name. I overheard someone calling it an "Egg on Wheels", and one of my coworkers calls it the "Unicorn" because of the radio antenna smack in the middle. But it's a darling, and love it. :D
Syconium, page 220 by: Papeipou November 21, 2017, 12:21 pm

Whoops Iím dumb and forget emojis donít work even close to everywhere. Sorry!
Syconium, page 220 by: Papeipou November 21, 2017, 12:21 pm

Well my Saab only cost $1,000. And my Beetle assaults me monthly with horrendously, embarrassingly high payments. Iím poor too 🤷‍♀️ Wish I did just have a 99 Accord lol